بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ
[In the Name of ALLAH, the ENTIRELY MERCIFUL, the ESPECIALLY MERCIFUL]
[S.W.T] Subhaanahuu Wa Ta’ala – [Glorified and Exalted is ALLAH]: This phrase appears after the Name of ALLAH [S.W.T] its seen as an act of reverence and devotion towards ALLAH [S.W.T].
[S.A.W.S] Salla’Allahuu Alayhi Wa-Sallaam – [[May ALLAH Bless Him and grant Him Peace] [S.A.W.] or [P.B.U.H.] or [S.]]: The expression should be used after stating Prophet Muhammad [S.A.W.S]’s name.
(A.S) ‘Alayhis-Salaam – [[Peace be upon Him] (P.B.U.H), [Peace be upon Them] (P.B.U.T)]: This expression should be used after stating the names of the noble Angels (e.g. Jibraeel, Mikaeel and so on) or Prophets who came before Hadrat Muhammad [S.A.W.S].
(R.A) Raadiya’Allahu anhu – [May ALLAH be pleased with him]: When mentioning Sahaba [the Companions (R.A)] of Hadrat Muhammad [S.A.W.S.], Raadiya’Allahu anhu (for males/him) and Radiy’Allahu aanha (for females/her) Radiy’Allahu anhuuma (for them) are used.]
The Five Pillars of Islam
Sahih Bukhari: Volume 1, Book 2: Belief, Number 7:
Narrated Ibn ‘Umar (R.A):
ALLAH [S.W.T]’s Apostle [S.A.W.S] said: Islam is based on (the following) five (principles):
1. To testify that none has the right to be worshiped but ALLAH [S.W.T] and Muhammad [S.A.W.S] is ALLAH [S.W.T]’s Apostle.
2. To offer the (compulsory congregational) Prayers dutifully and perfectly.
3. To pay Zakat (i.e. obligatory charity).
4. To perform Hajj (i.e. Pilgrimage to Mecca).
5. To observe Fast during the month of Ramadan.
Sahih Bukhari: Volume 1, Book 2: Belief, Number 20:
Narrated Anas (R.A):
The Prophet [S.A.W.S] said, “Whoever possesses the following three qualities will taste the sweetness of faith:
1. The one to whom ALLAH [S.W.T] and HIS Apostle [S.A.W.S) become dearer than anything else.
2. Who loves a person and he loves him Only for ALLAH [S.W.T]’s Sake.
3. Who hates to revert to disbelief (atheism) after ALLAH [S.W.T] has brought (saved) him out from it, as he hates to be thrown in Fire.”
Sahih Bukhari: Volume 1, Book 2: Belief, Number 47:
Narrated Abu Huraira (R.A):
One day while the Prophet [S.A.W.S] was sitting in the company of some people, (The Angel) Gabriel (P.B.U.H) came and asked, “What is faith?” ALLAH [S.W.T]’s Apostle [S.A.W.S] replied, ‘Faith is to believe in ALLAH [S.W.T], HIS Angels (P.B.U.T), (the) meeting with HIM, HIS Apostles (P.B.U.T), and to believe in Resurrection.” Then he further asked, “What is Islam?” ALLAH [S.W.T]’s Apostle [S.A.W.S] replied, “To worship ALLAH [S.W.T] Alone and none else, to offer prayers perfectly to pay the compulsory charity (Zakat) and to observe fasts during the month of Ramadan.” Then he further asked, “What is Ihsan (perfection)?” ALLAH [S.W.T]’s Apostle [S.A.W.S] replied, “To worship ALLAH [S.W.T] as if you see HIM, and if you cannot achieve this state of devotion then you must consider that HE is looking at you.” Then he further asked, “When will the Hour be established?” ALLAH [S.W.T]’s Apostle [S.A.W.S] replied, “The answerer has no better knowledge than the questioner. But I will inform you about its portents.
1. When a slave (lady) gives birth to her master.
2. When the shepherds of black camels start boasting and competing with others in the construction of higher buildings. And the Hour is one of five things which nobody knows except ALLAH [S.W.T]. The Prophet [S.A.W.S] then recited: “Verily, with ALLAH (Alone) is the Knowledge of the Hour–.” (31.34) Then that man (Gabriel (P.B.U.H)) left and the Prophet [S.A.W.S] asked his Companions (R.A) to call him back, but they could not see him. Then the Prophet [S.A.W.S] said, “That was Gabriel (P.B.U.H) who came to teach the people their religion.” Abu ‘Abdullah (R.A) said: He (the Prophet [S.A.W.S]) considered all that as a part of faith.
To know more you can read===>
- 5 Kalimah/The Code In Islam
- Translation of What We Recite in Salah (Prayer) (Namaaz)
- How To Make Wudu’ (Ablution)
- A Translation of the Adhaan (Call to Prayer) (Azaan)
- How To Make Intention to Pray (Niyat)
- How To Perform Salah (Prayer) (Namaaz) Step by Step [2 and 3 Rakat]
- How To Perform Salah (Prayer) (Namaaz) Step by Step [4 Rakat]
- How To Perform Salat-ut-Tasbih Step by Step
- The Reasons For Which We Should Observe Saum (Fast) (Roja)
- Selected Days to Observe Fast (Saum) (Roja)
- Selected Hadith Regarding Zakat (Obligatory Charity)
- Selected Hadith Regarding Hajj (Pilgrimage to Mecca)
Kalimah Tayyibah [The Holy Code]
لآَ اِلَهَ اِلاَّ اللَّهُ مُحَمَّدٌ رَّسُوْلُ اللهِ
Laa Ilaaha Illaal-Laahu Muhammadur-Rasulul-Lah [Salla’Allahuu Alayhi Wa-Sallaam]
There is none worthy of Worship but ALLAH Muhammad [May ALLAH Bless him and grant him Peace] is the Messenger of ALLAH.